The Avatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air. Water. Earth. Fire. Make your choice.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Swamp

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kei
Admin
Kei

The Swamp  Empty
PostSubject: The Swamp    The Swamp  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:07 am

I jumped and dodged over and under branches and roots. Vines launched from a cloud of fog and managed to wrap around my ankle. I sliced them with a sheet of high pressured air and launched myself forward with a blast of it. I turned in the air and slammed on the side of a branch. I hurled another blast of air at my feet and flew back as a large mass of vines slammed into the branch I was on. I gasped and ducked at it swung its "arms" at me. I surrounded the monster in a column of air causing its body to twist and distort. I slashed at the middle with a sheet of air causing the upper half to fall into the swamp. I saw something move in the vines, noticing it was a man. He was bending the vines!! "Wait! I don't want to hurt you! I'm not going to hurt anyone or anything."
"Really?" I called.
"Yes, I'm an airbender, the monks taught me that all life was sacred, I don't want to hurt you. Why were you attacking me?" I asked.
"I thought you were trying to harm the swamp, I was just protecting it." I informed him.
"I'm Aryan."
"Ty"
Ty? I thought I shook it off and smiled. "Um... I'm trying to find a catgator, I know you can find them here...."
"Yeah! We got 'em. Usually we keep 'em as pets."
I followed Ty through the swamp. He had short black hair, it was choppy and uneven as if it was cut with jagged rocks. He was tall and muscular and probably around early twenties. His face was dirty but handsome, and like most people of the swamp he wore only a loincloth...which was a little too small for him. I blushed when he moved to much. He led me to a tent and let me in first, I sat down and found something sleeping in the corner. A catgator! I smiled and scratched under its chin.
"This is Snaps."I told him. He squatted and quickly sat, I blushed again... I reached into my pack and pulled out some parchment and paint. I began painting the face of the catgator.
"How long have you been painting?"
"A while, a few years actually. I love animals so I want to paint as many of them around the world as I can." It was quiet for a while while I painted and he watched. I was done after about an hour and a half and stretched.
"Hungry?" I asked. I nodded he turned his back to me and stood, my face got hot again. I stood after packing my bag and followed him to a camp fire.

Back to top Go down
https://flyingbison.rpg-board.net
Kei
Admin
Kei

The Swamp  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Swamp    The Swamp  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:06 am

I awoke in Ty's tent and yawned. He sat up and his catgator stretched and yawned. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, "I need to leave soon." I explained. I kinda wanted to go back to the Western Air Temple, but I had kinda become attached to Ty, we had become pretty good friends. He was good company. I stood and so did he.
"I'm coming too." I said.
I'll admit I could use the company but he's been in the swamp all his life and it's not like there is an abundance of plants in the world, what about the Si Wong Desert? I sighed, "I dunno..."
"Come on, I need to get out and see the world, sure the swamp is great but there has to be something better out there. And no matter what you say I'm going to follow you."
I sighed, "fine, you can come. On one condition. If you're going to travel with me, you need to wear pants. You can be shirtless, shoeless, armless I don't really care. But you have to wear pants."
I grumbled unhappily. "Fine..."
Back to top Go down
https://flyingbison.rpg-board.net

The Swamp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Avatar :: Earth Kingdom :: Foggy Swamp-
Jump to: